Media Arts: The Development of the Camera

    

  Lesson 1

 1.1: A Brief History 


    
        

Timeline of camera development 
Vin Ganapathy. © The Spruce, 2018


 


Like many areas of study, media arts have evolved over the years. In this post, we will be focusing on the creation of the camera. Camera Obscura, the first camera, was invented by Ibn Haytham.






   



Reflection/Reaction: In my opinion, the camera is an extremely useful tool in everyday life. The development of this device is truly extraordinary and I'm excited to see what the future holds for this invention!





Works Cited:          

Masoner, Liz. "A Brief History of Photography and the Camera" thesprucecrafts.com.  https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/brief-history-of-photography-2688527#:~:text=Photography%2C%20as%20we%20know%20it,coated%20with%20bitumen%20to%20light.&text=Daguerreotypes%2C%20emulsion%20plates%2C%20and%20wet,mid%2D%20to%20late%2D1800s. 



Comments

  1. Very nicely laid out! The evolution of the modern camera is really an incredible one. I completely agree with your opinion. After all, it is hard to imagine a day without a camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very creative and nicely organized. I really liked how you layered the timeline from the creation of it to now. Camera's are really important after all and they had a big history. Really nice work, and can't wait to see your next blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts